Often the only thing that a new player would do well to have after getting past the basics and winning a few games are some solid principles to help them be focused. Basically, roulette is a game of probability but there are a few tips that can help increase your odd.
Here are a couple of my proven tips for roulette, which although might not make you a millionaire, should put you on the right track for getting a decent win lose ratio:
– Be aware of the table limits. Each roulette table will have a minimum and maximum betting amount, so don’t go to a table thinking you’d only be betting five dollars and get persuaded to gamble more.
– This leads to my 2nd tip. Only bet what you are comfortable with. Professional players don’t bet to show off, they bet to make money, whether that be $2 or $2,000. It is also a wise idea to give yourself a predetermined amount of how much you are willing to lose before walking away, so you don’t have to remortgage your house.
– Get warmed up and gain a feel for the table by making minimum bets on either odd or even. It’s easy and gives you that gut feeling as to whether you like or dislike the table.
– Be the boss of your own chips. Novice players sometimes allow the dealer to keep their original bet in place whilst accepting the winning chips they give you. You can move it wherever you want!
– You would be surprised how many dealers get in to a bored and repetitive way of releasing the ball and you can sometimes find it easier to predict the outcome. Certain dealers also alternate certain types of releases
– Tips for roulette always include the classic Martingale system. Basically if you lose, you double up the next bet to gain back the loss. The problem being that your losing streak may go beyond your bank balance or you might hit the table limit. It’s better to use this with smaller betting amounts.
– Play European tables with only one zero. It gives you better odds as American tables have two zeros. Both kinds of the roulette game are found in the US so you don’t have to worry.
– Don’t let your mind trick you. For example, when 6 blacks have gone in a row your mind may start wondering (what if it’s a trick, bet black again). Never get in to an argument with your mind.
– Practice on a free fun table.
– Learn to preserve your bankroll. After you have a reasonable amount of winnings, bet with your profits alone and keep your original balance safe. Then the worst that can happen is you go home with your starting balance.
– It is best to use well known online casinos because you will not be able to see the inner workings of a website. They may not be choosing numbers at random and could just be making you lose every time.
In general, play safe and just have a good time. Enjoy the rush but don’t let it ruin your life.