The game of roulette is one of the most celebrated casino games of all times. It was first introduced in France during the eighteenth century and has been an instant hit ever since. From France, it spread through Europe and America. It’s a very easy and exciting game making it a favorite for people who love casino games, whether it’s a real casino or a virtual one on the internet. There are two versions of the game, namely European and American. They are a little different compared to each other, but the rules are more or less the same. Europeans use a single zero wheel, and Americans use the double zero wheel. Fundamentally, roulette is nothing more than a game of chance. Although there are roulette strategies that are used to predict the outcome of the game, but in the end, luck plays the major part.
Regarding the Game of Roulette
Usually, The roulette game is a staple game in casinos. 6 to 8 people can fill a table. The game does not need the players to know any card skill unlike poker, although the risks are almost the simlar. A roulette player can strike it rich in a single round, but the reverse can happen anytime as well.
Roulette literally means “small wheel” in French which is the main focus of the game. It’s a wheel with a tilted circular track and colored numbered pockets outline its circumference. When the game starts, the dealer spins the wheel at one direction and the ball at another. The fundamental objective of the game is to bet on the right number where the ball will land in at the end of the spin. Next to the wheel is a layout of the numbers on the wheel where players can set their bets. Players can decide on their bets until the dealer signals “no more bets” and spins the wheel.
The player can bet on a number, group of numbers, color of the roulette wheel, and odd or even. Bets are classified into inside or outside bets. Inside bets has to do with numbers while outside bets consist of groups of numbers, red or black, odd or even numbers.
1. Straight up – Bet on a particular number. Chips are placed squarely on a number.
2. Split – Any bet on any two numbers next to each other. Chips are placed on the line between them either horizontally or vertically.
3. Street – Bet on any three numbers on a single line. Chips are placed at the edge of last number on the line.
4. Corner – Bet on any four numbers within in square layout. The chips are placed on the intersection between the four numbers.
5. Six line – Bet on two streets next to each other. Chips are placed in the intersection.
6. Trio – Bet on 0, 1, 2 or 0, 2, 3. The chips are placed at their intersecting points.
1. 1 to 18 – Bet on any number on the first low eighteen.
2. 19 to 36 – Bet on any number in the last high eighteen.
3. Red or Black – Bet on any color on the wheel.
4. Odd or even – Bet on an even or odd number.
5. Dozen bets – Bet on either the first, second or third setoff twelve numbers.
6. Column bets – A bet on twelve numbers at any of the vertical lines.